Monday, May 4, 2009

Hiccups are funny. I mean seriously funny.

My mind is whacked. Example: this past Friday afternoon I had the hiccups for at least two hours. All I could think about was this guy Seth Dowell who had a case of hiccups for over a year. I mean, the guy had it bad.  Nobody would hang out with him anymore, his girlfriend broke up with him, and his family laughed at him. It was a sob story, but Seth encouraged himself by displaying the washboard abs he gained from constant muscle contractions. Woo-hoo! Nothing like good abs to make up for the loss of all social life. Anyway, not to take his situation lightly, but every time I have the hiccups, I think of that guy. Hiccups are annoying. Try to get someone to take you seriously while having bursts of gas erupt from your throat. I warned you about my off-the-wall thoughts, so here's what I'll leave you with today: What if hiccups came in the form of a fart?  If you think it is bad having uncontrollable, obnoxious bursts of gas coming from your mouth, just imagine the reaction you would get if it were coming from your backside. Awkward.  

3 comments:

  1. And that's why we love you.

    By the way, I'm pretty sure hiccups cause you to pull air in, not expell it. That would be called a "belch". Another common term you might be familiar with is "burp". But hey, anytime you can work a good fart reference into your blog, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want everyone to know that the David above is not referring to me. No offense Dave....

    ReplyDelete